Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More high stress

The students really didn't want to focus on Monday. They were distracted, disruptive, and at some times downright defiant. Then we took them to a career fair that was going on at the IUPUI campus, and they disappeared... I'm pretty sure they didn't spend one second actually looking at the booths. They wandered around campus doing who knows what until 4:00, which was half an hour after we wanted to leave.

When Stacy told them they weren't getting counted for the day they started shouting about every complaint they could think of. We ended up canceling the Academy yesterday, and Stacy and Amy went to each individual student to talk with them. I was supposed to go to court but was miserably sick, so I stayed home. I went in today and went with Amanda to check in with truancy court kids at their elementary schools, but ended up coming home early to just do some research because I wasn't feeling up to finishing the day.

I'm still feeling pretty icky, but hopefully I'll be able to handle tomorrow, since I have some things I really do need to get done.

1 comment:

neil said...

Nick, you are doing a fine job. Some days are better than others. If you can chnage the lives of just a few folks, you will have done a lot, neil