Sunday, July 27, 2008

On me

I was invited to keep a personal touch on my updates.

So far, this summer has been really hard for me. My internship, though challenging, is really good. "Fulfilling," I tell people. And my housemates are wonderful people. Externally, things are great... it's internally that I find challenges. I should invest some learning into the "taking care of me" element of peacemaking.

For some background, since for some people who may read this I might have fallen out of the sky, I spent the last year studying in Mexico and have only been back in the country for four weeks. So I'm probably going through some reverse culture shock, though I don't know how I'm supposed to discern it.

I'm having trouble finding my own space in such a crowded house. I'm really apprehensive about going back to Manchester in the fall (and by apprehensive I mean terrified).

Ironically, the thing that I feel best about is the thing I was most worried about four weeks ago: the internship itself. I'd feared being completely over my head, but I've really surprised myself in how I've been able to work through some of my weaknesses (like anything people-related) and feel really good about how things are progressing.

I'll try and write up some good posts next week, since I have some meetings and lessons to set up and will be really starting to add more of me to my work at AIM.

No comments: